- Inequality Worsened By Lack Of Universal Access...by Ted Knutson, Contributor on September 24, 2021
“Policymakers need to figure out a way for all people to have low/no-cost access to digital money” said Aaron Klein, a former deputy assistant secretary for economic policy at the Department of Treasury and a former chief economist for the Senate Banking Committee.
- This Week In Credit Card News: Your Web History...by Bill Hardekopf, Contributor on September 24, 2021
What took place this week in the credit card and payment industries
- Mortgage Rates Will Spike If U.S. Defaults On...by Kathleen Howley, Senior Contributor on September 24, 2021
Mortgage rates would “never fall back to where they were previously,” said Mark Zandi, Moody's Analytics chief economist. "Future generations of Americans would pay a steep economic price."
- Congress’s Fiscal Drama Is Nothing Like It Seemsby Howard Gleckman, Senior Contributor on September 24, 2021
This year, we all get to watch a quadruple-header: Will Congress pass a $1 trillion—or perhaps $552 billion— infrastructure bill?
- It’s Past Time For Congress To Fix Social...by Bob Carlson, Senior Contributor on September 24, 2021
The Social Security retirement trust fund will expire one year earlier than previously forecast. Congress needs to act to avoid a 24% benefit cut.